My research interests include a variety of topics including both computer vision and human vision, visual attention, machine learning and computational neuroscience. I am interested in applying this knowledge to robotics, to imitate human-like behaviour.
– info (at) tobiasfischer (dot) info
– t (dot) fischer (at) imperial (dot) ac (dot) uk
- Feb 2017 – Our CVPR 2017 paper got accepted. Jongwon Choi, Hyung Jin Chang, Sangdoo Yun, Tobias Fischer, Yiannis Demiris, Jin Young Choi: “Attentional Correlation Filter Network for Adaptive Visual Tracking”. Download or visit project page with (external link)
- Feb 2017 – The WYSIWYD project I was working on until December 2016 has been rated “excellent” in the final review.
- October 2016 – Our grant proposal for the prestigious Samsung GRO got accepted and started in October 2016! I am working on the project as research assistant, with Yiannis Demiris as principal investigator, and Hyung Jin Chang as co-investigator.
- Sept 2016 – Two workshop papers accepted to IROS2016! One paper with Maxime Petit and Yiannis Demiris follows up on our TCDS2016 paper, and presents work towards procedural memories (Download ). The other paper proposes a framework combining several of our works for self-other anchoring (Download ).
- Apr 2016 – I attended the two day Real World Eye Tracking course at Royal Holloway, University of London, and returned with dozens of ideas.
- Apr 2016 – The WYSIWYD project I am working on has been rated “excellent” in the intermediate second year review.
- Mar 2016 – Our paper got accepted to CVPR 2016! Hyung Jin Chang, Tobias Fischer, Maxime Petit, Martina Zambelli, and Yiannis Demiris: “Kinematic Structure Correspondences via Hypergraph Matching”. Download or visit project page with (external link)
- Jan 2016 – Paper accepted to ICRA 2016! Tobias Fischer and Yiannis Demiris: “Markerless Perspective Taking for Humanoid Robots in Unconstrained Environments”. Download or visit project page with
- Jan 2016 – The Personal Robotics Lab got awarded a hardware grant for a nVidia Tesla K40 worth approx. 3000GBP. I wrote the application jointly with Maxime and Yiannis.
- Nov 2015 – My paper in collaboration with Maxime Petit and Yiannis Demiris got accepted: “Lifelong Augmentation of Multi-Modal Streaming Autobiographical Memories”. It will appear in the IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (TCDS 2016). Download or visit project page with
- Sept 2015 – Early Stage Assessment for my PhD degree passed.
- Jul 2015 – I attended the two week Veni Vedi Vici iCub summmer school in Sestri Levante.
- Oct 2014 – I joined the Personal Robotics Lab at Imperial College London to pursue a PhD degree under Dr Yiannis Demiris‘ supervision.
- Aug 2014 – I received a Master of Science with distinction in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Edinburgh. Read more about my thesis.