My research interests include a variety of topics including both computer vision and human vision, visual attention and computational cognition. I am interested in applying this knowledge to robotics, to imitate human-like behaviour.
– info (at) tobiasfischer (dot) info
– tobias.fischer (at) qut (dot) edu (dot) au
- Apr 2021 – Check out our new pre-print: “RoboStack: Using the Robot Operating System alongside the Conda and Jupyter Data Science Ecosystems”!
- Apr 2021 – Our paper “Where is your place, Visual Place Recognition?” got accepted to the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI2021).
- Mar 2021 – Our paper “Patch-NetVLAD: Multi-Scale Fusion of Locally Global Descriptors for Place Recognition” got accepted to the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR2021).
- Feb 2021 – I will be talking at the Intel Neuromorphic Research Community Workshop.
- Jan 2021 – Our paper “HammerDrive: A Task-Aware Driving Visual Attention Model” got accepted to the IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (T-ITS).
- Dec 2020 – Our paper “Intelligent Reference Curation for Visual Place Recognition via Bayesian Selective Fusion” got accepted to the IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L) with presentation at ICRA2021.
- Dec 2020 – I’ll be presenting my work virtually to the members of the Italian Institute of Technology.
- Oct 2020 – Check out our new pre-print: “Fast and Robust Bio-inspired Teach and Repeat Navigation” (see the Publications page for more info).
- Sep 2020 – I passed my interview to become a professionally registered Chartered Engineer: (CEng).
- Sep 2020 – My IEEE Robotics and Automation Letter (RA-L) with Michael Milford was accepted: “Event-Based Visual Place Recognition With Ensembles of Temporal Windows” (see the Publications page for more info).
- Aug 2020 – I will be presenting my IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems (TCDS) paper “Computational Modelling of Embodied Visual Perspective-taking” at the 2020 Joint IEEE Conference on Development and Learning and Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL2020). Watch the presentation on YouTube.
- Jun 2020 – I had the honour to be the first presenter in our QUT School of Electrical Engineering and Robotics online seminar series!
- May 2020 – One paper was accepted to the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC2020): “Decision Anticipation for Driving Assistance Systems”.
- Apr 2020 – I was giving a talk at the Systems Theory and Engineering Online talk series. You may watch the talk here.
- Feb 2020 – My thesis has been awarded with the Eryl Cadwaladr Davies prize for the best PhD thesis 2017-2018 in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at Imperial College London!
- Jan 2020 – Very excited to have started a new position as Research Fellow in Michael Milford’s lab at the Queensland University of Technology.